Wednesday 28 March 2007

Where is my thread?



This is my Monday project - Silver Needle by Just Nan. I love the pink fabric and delicate spring colours, and I'm really loooking forward to carrying on with this one when I can - this is the 2nd project I'm stalled on, this time waiting for 2 skeins of Caron Waterlilies. I've ordered these from an ONS I use, but didn't realise they weren't in stock and were put on backorder. So far it's been four weeks of waiting...oh well. Unless I get a delivery soon, that will free up next Monday to work on my second Mother's Heart (MH2) - at this rate I'm going to be working on that 7 days a week because I'll be waiting for supplies for all the other projects! Annoyingly, I have since ordered some Waterlilies from my closest LNS (about 20 miles away) and they had it in my hands within about 7 days. I wish I'd had the foresight to order it all in one go!

Anyway, enough moaning. I worked on more of MH2 on Tuesday - I've completed the heart border and the first part of the wording - 'A mother holds her children's hands for a while...' (the next part '...their hearts for a lifetime' is at the bottom of the sampler), and it's looking really good. I'm sure I ordered the fabric - 28ct Quaker Cloth in cream - from the same place as I'd ordered it to stitch the design the first time, but weirdly enough it's very different, and I've realised that the first piece of fabric is closer to 22ct than 28ct!

I'm really excited about a 'Stash Enhancement Programme' that I signed up to on Tuesday - it's with Traditional Stitches who are based in Calgary - feeling patriotic! I've never signed up to one of these before (although been sorely tempted), because they are usually just thread, or a certain type of fabric, and I want MORE! TS's SEP is for a bit of everything - charts, fabric, thread of all descriptions, random bits & bobs. It gets posted out around the first of the month, so I'll let you know what's in it!

No comments: