Thursday 28 June 2007

Pincushion

My lovely big parcel of stash arrived, but I didn't get around to taking any photos - maybe later in the week. It was mostly linen, which is fantastic as hand-dyed linen tends to be the hardest thing to come by over here in the UK - it can take months to get a particular one! (Maybe we are not alone in this?)

So after carefully packing away all my lovely new purchases, I got out my current small project - the assisi pincushion from June's The Gift of Stitching - I'm nearly done, just need to finish off the backstitching, and then of course the finish-finishing. How lucky that I've only just received a large quantity of cotton quilting fabric, as it turns out that one of them is a perfect match! Once I've got some coordinating thread at the weekend, I'll get busy finishing that and will post some photos.
Assisi Pincushion
32ct Stitches and Spice Antique Rose Linen
Dinky Dye #91 Jarrah
(apologies for the slightly blurry photo)


Tonight, Thursday, a new project - I'll probably post some photos tomorrow, although there might be little to show LOL
Happy stitching!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I love the color you chose for your pincushion. It's beautiful. I can't wait to see it finished.