Thursday 5 July 2007

First Pincushion!

I've nearly finished my first pincushion! Last night I carefully cut the backing fabric, sewed together the stitching and the backing fabric, stuffed the pincushion, and then did a very awkward (and actually fairly untidy) slip stitch to close it all up - I did do my best, but my sewing skills leave a lot to be desired, as my mother can vouch for. But it will be hidden by the blanket stitch that I'm going to put all around the pincushion, so no real harm done, and I'm looking at it as practice, as in practice makes perfect! LOL

Here it is so far - yet to attach corner tassels and do blanket stitch. It is from June's The Gift of Stitching magazine, and I am pretty much finishing it as recommended, although am using cotton fabric rather than linen for the backing. The fabric in the background of the photo is the fabric I've chosen, as this is for my sister, and she is a rather funky girl.



Happy stitching all!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Very pretty ;)

Hazel said...

Very nice. Did you use the dinky dyes and recommended fabric or your own stash?? xx

Carol said...

So cute!! Looks like you are doing a wonderful job with it! Congratulations!