Wednesday, 5 September 2007

Finally Some Pictures!

Finally, something to show you! I'm trying to vaguely stick to my rota, so Tuesday is Awake the Dawning Day - I've now finished all the vines around the house, along with the eyelets, flowers and grapes. I didn't quite manage to finish the first bird before my eyes fluttered in fatigue on the couch last night, so this is where I've got to (sorry for the crooked photo):


We're in the middle of a tube strike in London - which is making my commute to work much longer. Instead of a 15-minute journey on the tube, I am now faced with queueing (that's the polite way of saying, elbows out and barging) for a bus, or else walking for 45 minutes from Paddington station to my work. Yesterday, I elected the bus option, and discovered that it also takes 45 minutes, and you have the added bonus of being squashed in like a sardine as the bus meanders slowly from one bus stop to the next. Today, I walked.
The hunt for a place to stay at the weekend is not going well - the only place I've found that agreed that they did have some rooms also (thankfully) let me know that they had a wedding booked for the weekend, and that it was likely to be a rowdy one. So, the search goes on...
Happy stitching all and thanks for dropping by!

8 comments:

Annemarie said...

I love the sampler that you're doing!
Good luck on finding a nice and quiet place to stay. Good luck, also with the tube strike. Every time I see it on the news I think 'so what, doesn't bother me' (sheepish grin), but from now on I'll keep my fingers crossed taht it's over soon :o)

Sharon said...

Your wip looks great. I hope you can find a place to stay and relax in.

Mindi said...

Wow! I must have missed a progress picture on Awake a Dawning Day, its really looking gorgeous. Good luck dealing with the tube strike, I hope it doesn't last long.

Hazel said...

Great wip! Its still in my stash lol! The strikes sound bad. My dh is on his way there now. xx

tkdchick said...

What a beautiful piece, I've never seen it before!

Urgh what a nightmare a transit strike!

Leena said...

Your WIP looks beautiful! Good luck for searching a place to stay for the weekend, your plans sound good :)

Cheryl said...

I love this piece you're stitching! Seen it on a few blogs, it's so pretty. I heard about the tube strikes, used to live not far from London myself so know what a nightmare that must have been!

Itching To Stitch said...

Awake the Dawning Day is coming along beautifully ;)