Sunday 18 May 2008

WIPping along nicely

I managed to put some time in on a few WIPs this past week - Thursday of course was devoted to Paradigm Lost. I promised myself I would finish this medallion this week, and I have! I didn't have time for much else though, as I was late home - work, trains, occasionally everything conspires against me! So here is my progress thus far:



I also managed to get some time on Spanish Wine. I stitched the red flowers and the gold accents around the first red flower (okay, yes, not much progress, I think that was another night hijacked by work).



I am beginning to realise that starting a lot of big projects and then only stitching on them occasionally is not really working for me. I like variety, so I like to have several things on the go, but equally I am only a medium-paced stitcher and I get frustrated by something that takes too long to stitch (especially if I'm only stitching it once a month, and I never seem to get anywhere on it!). So I think my solution is going to have to be to only have 1 large project on the go at any one time, supplemented by some smaller projects for exchanges and such. Theoretically, this should mean I finish the large project much quicker (because my effort is more focused), but don't get too bored stitching on the same thing day after day. What works for you??

Oh, and here are some improved photos of the lovely ornament that Leena sent me for my birthday - the weather has vastly improved today, so the photos turned out a bit better.




Happy stitching and wishing you all a prosperous week ahead!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both of your WIPs look great!

I'm not the best person to give advice about bigger projects, as I know from experience that I tend to lose motivation on them myself. I think your plan to focus on one at a time and have smaller projects for a bit of light relief is a good one - good luck!

Kathy A. said...

Good progress Stephanie. PL is looking so lovely. You keep me inspired. I have finished the large motif on the top left.

mainely stitching said...

I like variety and the feeling of accomplishment in finishing something, too, and I find so many of the big designs so beautiful. Sigh. I just need more stitching time! LOL!

Becky K in OK said...

Beautiful WIP's. I tend not to do large projects because it takes me too long! Slow stitcheritis is what I have.

Sue said...

Both of these WIP's are wonderful. I especially have a heart for Spanish Wine, I am probably going to have to add it to my stash after seeing how pretty your's is coming out ;)

Jennifer said...

Love the WIPS. I seem to have Stitchers ADD lately. I set out to finsh something (or even start) and arrange all the materials etc and then nothing seems to get done. I have about 6 large projects tucked away with no finish date in site. I cheated my way through my ornament-a-month promise by stitching 4 in one week! Now I am in slump again, distracted by work issues and pet health problems.

Andrea said...

Love your WIPs.

I'm generally a one-at-a-time stitcher. I like to start things and then finish them. Having said that I do stitch any exchanges along side.

staci said...

Your WIP's are beautiful. I have no advice...I pretty much just follow whatever whim hits me, LOL!!!

Darling ornie too!

Wendy said...

I'm with you on the big projects! I have too many on the go and don't get much accomplished on any of them.

Lennu said...

Your WIPs look wonderful, I like a lot both of the designs! Your plan sounds good, I must make a plan too :) At the moment I don't have a plan and so I only seem to be stitching smalls all the time :) When you figure out something, please let me know too!

Sachiko said...

Gorgeous your progress!
Happy birthday!

Carol R said...

Lovely work on PL.
Pretty birthday fob from Leena