Tuesday 8 July 2008

Ah, Aren't They Lovely?!

Well, Mercy was hoping for closer to 5 days than 10, and I think USMail and Royal Mail teamed up quite well, because the lovely squares she sent me arrived on Saturday. I was dashing out to the wedding though, so didn’t have a chance to open it until Sunday, and frankly on Sunday I was a bit too tired and emotional to post about it!

But aren’t they great! I really love them – Mercy thank you so much! She tells me they are a design called Une Poule au Jardin by L'R de Rien – I just adore the style of it. Mercy you’ve chosen really well :) And, for the final round of Fair & Square, Mercy included some goodies for me – these are being banned from here on out, so I’m even more thankful to Mercy for including the thread holder, mesh zippered bags, gorgeous smelling cream, nail file and post its – things I can always use :)




The wedding ended up being quite big (around 180 people) and had a joint hockey-farming theme (she is a hockey player, he is a farmer). She had a beautiful off-white dress with amazing red roses picked out in sequins and beads. The church was very sweet, a tiny little local thing set in fields – very picturesque (although on a hill, so the gusting and swirling wind was NOT FUN with a dress on! At least it didn’t rain). Her father does Morris dancing, so we had lots of Morris dancers jingling around bashing sticks and waving hankies – all very celebratory! Dinner was GORGEOUS, with a choice of grilled king prawns, a hog roast, roasted lamb or BBQ’d steak, as well as lots of yummy salads and greens. I admit I tried a little bit of everything, and it was all very very delicious. Obviously still managed to find room for the fruit pavlova to finish! Then to the dancing, and all us hockey players strutting our stuff amidst the farmers and aunties and uncles – my legs are still aching. But definitely a good weekend – don’t you just love a good wedding?!



Happy stitching!

13 comments:

Annemarie said...

Oh, love the squares, Stephanie! The colours are just gorgeous.
Glad you had such a wonderful time at the wedding :o)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful exchange from Mercy. I just love that L'R de Rien design!!

mercy said...

Yippee!!! I'm happy they got there on time :-) It was pretty quick! Did you notice there's no "w"? When I was done stitching I thought I had forgot it or something. So happy that you like them :-)

Cheryl said...

Lovely squares and gifts from Mercy!
I love a good wedding and love wedding photos - the brides dress is gorgeous

mainely stitching said...

That is a stunning wedding gown. So glad to hear it was a wonderful event. :D

Your squares are GREAT!! Wow, what a fun design!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I lkove that square its fun!

Sharon said...

What gorgeous squares! Lovely wedding too.

Carol said...

Those squares are gorgeous - so is the bride!

Marie said...

Beautiful squares!
Beautiful Bride! Prettiest hockey player I have ever seen. ;)

Hazel said...

What a great exchange! and look at that adorable bride and groom. How lovely they both look. xx

Carol R said...

Lovely squares!

A beautiful bride in a gorgeous dress!

Wendy said...

The wedding sounds like so much fun - a hockey/farming theme, I can't imagine how they managed to combine those two! Lovely squares from Mercy!

Kathy A. said...

Your square are quite beautiful. Mercy did a great job. Lovely bride and groom.