Friday 23 March 2007

Miss Kitty's Dragons

Here's a photo of my first proud finish! I really enjoyed stitching this one, and it only took me a few weeks - not bad for me, as I'm no champion speed-stitcher. Before this, I'd finished some smaller projects - cards and little things - so I was really pleased with how this turned out. I decided to frame it and contacted Sue at SDS Framing who was a wonderful help. I bought one of her 'Stitch-It Frame-It' kits - do-it-yourself framing which works out much (much!) less expensive, and I think the result speaks for itself (there's no praise like self-praise...). It's now proudly hanging on our bedroom wall. Since this one, I've finished 2 others - A Mother's Heart (also a pretty quick finish) and Titania (a Mirabilia fairy design that took me about 6 months), but I don't want to post photos yet in case my mum or sister happen to see this - they're presents for our long-awaited trip back home to BC this Spring.

No comments: