Wednesday, 6 June 2007

Cotton Pickin' Bunny

Monday night I was back to Northern Lights, and after looking at it critically, I decided that 2 strands of Wisper thread were not in fact what was required, so I frogged the bunny (it sounds like animal abuse!) and started over with a single strand - the design didn't specify, and I hadn't used the fibre before so I wasn't too sure. But now it looks much better. I'll have to find an old toothbrush or similar to really fuzz it up, but so far so good. I finished most of the 2nd eagle on this band as well.

Last night I spent doing more unpicking - this biscornu went fine on the first side, but the second side has been tedious, probably due to my short attention span, and the implications of stitching the same design all over again. I've nearly frogged as much as I've stitched! But finally last night, bar a few short spurts in the reverse direction, I've managed to actually get a lot accomplished, so I'm well on the way to finishing my first biscornu! I can't wait until I get to the finishing stage, that will be much simpler I reckon!


H has been away on a course, learning to be a leader, so I'm looking forward to his return tonight. Happy stitching all!

1 comment:

Itching To Stitch said...

I just love your Northern Lights, I've never been a big fan of wisper ;)