Sunday 1 July 2007

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Happy Canada Day all! There won't be much in the way of fireworks or celebrations here in Berkshire, but nevermind, we'll celebrate ourselves :)

Friday night I worked on Love is Patient - I'm really enjoying this as it's the first time I've stitched on a higher count fabric (36ct) and it looks really delicate doing stitching 1 over 2. I love the threads as well - Crescent Colours - they are deep, rich colours, which I love. Here is the progress:


Saturday morning brought Chris, our friendly postman, and his bag full of goodies for me - yes, the spoils of my recent stash-buying. Today it was a parcel from Naomi at Stitches and Spice in Australia, which included, from L-R below: 32ct Spice Blend Heritage; 36ct Spice Blend Sugar Cane Crunch; Mulberry Hand-dyed cotton; 32ct Spice Blend Tundra. I'm really pleased with them all, they are just gorgeous, and I can't recommend these guys enough :)


Saturday we had a very lazy day in front of the telly watching films one after the other - there was (yet again) drenching rain all day, so we just couldn't bring ourselves to get off the couch. It's a recurring theme for our weekends! I worked on Paradigm Lost, finally finishing the alphabet and going on to some of the smaller motifs.


And, finally, a goals update from June and for July
JUNE:
finish biscornu - check
finish scissor fob - check
finish Their Song - check
continue Silver Needle - check
continue Northern Lights - check
continue Paradigm Lost - check
continue Love Is Patient - check
start Spanish Wine - check
I think maybe I gave myself a too-easy task, seeing as I managed to achieve all my goals! So, for JULY:
finish pincushion
finish a second small
start a third small
finish Silver Needle, and start another project
continue Northern Lights
finish entire page 1 and page 2 of Paradigm Lost
continue Love Is Patient - finish outer border and heart border
continue Spanish Wine
Happy Canada Day and happy stitching all!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Oh, I love those fabrics (yummy) and Paradigm Lost is off to a wonderful start ;)