Tuesday 28 August 2007

A Finish and a Few Grapes

I got rather busy at the end of last week, and then we had a bank holiday yesterday - finally some good weather over a long weekend, truly amazing! I really think it is time for me to get a computer at home - I never have enough hours in the working day to post and read all the blogs I'd like to! So I didn't post over the weekend, but I have been stitching, so I've some progress to report! Firstly, I finished stitching the needblebook - hurrah! I'm thinking of turning my Friday stitching session into a 'secret stitching' day as I've just realised how many things I've committed to over the next month or two :)




Above is the 'Touch of Orange Needlebook' by MTV Designs. On the left is the cover (front on right and back on left) of the needlebook, and the right hand photo is the small motif which will be a scissor keep and sewed to the inside of the book. It's stitched on 28ct Vintage Country Mocha linen, using Gloriana, Atalie, and Kreinik threads and Mill Hill Beads. Now that I have my brand new sewing machine, I'll be able to sew this all together once I pick up a few necessities - ribbon for tying it shut, a bit of felt, etc.

I also did a bit of work on ADD at the weekend - the grapes are nearly done!



The best part of the weekend was Saturday night, when H and I went for a 'date' at a very nice gastro pub a few miles away that we'd been meaning to try. I realised when I got out of the car park with my freshly shorn legs, newly painted toenails, best dress, blow dried hair and best jewelery that we don't really do dressed up occasions very often, so it was a real treat to ourselves. And the food was gorgeous! I had a wonderful goat's cheese salad with apples and walnuts, followed by a Welsh fillet steak with cheesy mash. H had the largest, cheesiest half baguette of cheesy garlic bread I have ever seen, followed by a delicious looking burger with all the trimmings and chunky chips. I indulged in 'Angel Mess' for dessert - raspberries and blackberries crushed with lots of whipped cream and broken up pieces of chocolate meringue. Yes, it is rather sweet, and no, after all that food, I couldn't quite finish it! But we had a lovely evening, and it really made my weekend!

Happy stitching, and thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

It awful nice to get all dolled up and go out with the husband. We don't do it nearly enough ourselves, but it makes it very special when we DO!
Glad you had a great time!
Your stitching is perfection as always :)

Sue said...

Love your needlebook and ADD is looking great ;)

Anonymous said...

The needlebook is beautiful, I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!
Sounds like you had a great evening!

Lennu said...

Your stitching looks great as always!

BeckySC said...

Lovely stitching :)I love how ADD is looking!