It's finally done!
As you may remember, I was pretty worried about the whole sewing thing for finishing Orlaith's stocking, but I decided on Sunday to bite the bullet and just go for it, and see what happened. I made the precaution of buying twice as much fabric as I needed, just in case, and with that lifeline in place, felt able to begin! After only one false start (I cut the backing fabric the wrong way round the first time!), I carefully designed a pattern, cut out the pieces one by one - the backing, the cuffs, the lining and, most alarming, the linen - pieced them all together, and, after a very deep breath and a calming cup of tea, started up the sewing machine. And it worked! And I'm so pleased! I've attached large photos, just because I'm so proud of myself. I really can't tell you how apprehensive I was about this finishing task - now I'm mainly just feeling relieved LOL!
I also started stitching my Fair & Square Round 4 squares for the wonderful Annemarie, but I know she occasionally drops in, so no sneaky preview photos - I don't want to ruin the surprise.
Oh, and I bought this year's first Christmas ornament on Saturday! H was a bit nonplussed as he was picking out a new shower screen, and all I was interested in was browsing wide-eyed in the Christmas section!