Thursday 13 December 2007

Back to the SAL

Last week I didn't manage to stitch on Paradigm Lost for the Snowbird SAL, and this week I had a lot on, so I solved the problem by taking a day off to make room for everything :)


I spent the day shopping in Reading, buying gifts, fighting my way through crowds, gazing with bewildered confusion at all the displays of stacks upon stacks of things in the shops which surely nobody could find a use for... But after four hours, three dozen carrier bags, two aching feet, and one empty wallet - it's DONE, the Christmas shopping is DONE! Oh, well, except for all of H's shopping, which I'm leaving to him. Is that wise? His mum may not thank me, but frankly I don't intend to set foot in another retail outlet ever again. Until the January sales, of course.


So after the hubbub of the shops, I indulged in a little tranquility and 'me' time and pulled out PL - here is tonight's progress:



OK, now I'm off to celebrate being all organised for Christmas!! And I'm going to avoid looking at the large pile of unwritten Christmas cards, and the larger pile of gifts that now require wrapping...


Happy stitching!

5 comments:

Annemarie said...

Happy celebrating, Stephanie! Well done for being done. PL looks wonderful!

Cheryl said...

Lucky you finishing your shopping! Well done! PL looks great, i havent managed to work on CdC for this weeks SAL

Hazel said...

Great that you have finished your shopping. PL looks excellent. You have been sending and rec'ing some great gifts too. xx

Dani - tkdchick said...

YOur PL is looking great!

Concetta said...

I really love how your PL is coming along, it's going to be fantastic when it's finished. :)

I was just stopping by to wish you a Merry Christmas. Have a wonderful holiday.