Monday 17 November 2008

Last Christmas Ornament for 2008

This past weekend was the Christmas ornament SAL weekend that I’ve been stitching with the lovely Leena all year – and I’m delighted to report that we’ve agreed to carry on for 2009! I’m really pleased about this because it’s so much nicer to stitch along with someone else, particularly when that someone is Leena, who I’ve really loved getting to know better – you are a real gem Leena :) So this past weekend was probably my last ornament SAL weekend with Leena for this year as the weekend that it falls on in December is during our trip home to BC for Christmas, and I’m not sure yet what I’ll be taking with me to stitch.

I’ve had my eye on this little Lizzie*Kate design for a while now, and have finally gotten around to stitching it – actually, it’s fair to say that I have had my eye on a vast number of Christmas ornaments that I plan to stitch as I’ve just measured my Christmas designs folder – it’s a whopping four inches thick. That’s vertical, people, as in a four-inch high stack of charts and designs that need to be stitched up. That’s the other reason that I love the weekend with Leena – because it ensures that I actually do something about actually stitching up all these Christmas designs that I so love rather than just admiring them and telling myself that eventually one day I will stitch them up :)

Okay, enough rambling, here is the photo of this weekend’s stitching:



Design: Wishing Ewe Joy – Lizzie*Kate (from Tiny Tidings IX)
Linen: 32ct Raw linen
Floss: as charted, with one substitution


And here's a photo I've forgotten to post before, it's the finished for for my sister this Christmas (shhhhh mum and dad, no telling!).




Happy stitching!

11 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Lovely ornament. What a great way to get those ornaments stitched. Look forward to seeing what you stitch in 2009.The scissor fob is just too cute.

Mylene said...

That's a lovely ornament for your sister.

BeckySC said...

CUTE fob and I love the ornie :)
((hugs to you))

Daffycat said...

Darling ornament. Your sister is going to love that fob!

Sharon said...

Cute ornament and the scissor fob is pretty!

Rowyn said...

Great finishes Stephanie. I love the wee kitty charm on the fob, it finishes it off nicely!

mainely stitching said...

GREAT stitching!! Your sis will love her fob. :D

The TT kitty chart is set up in blocks of 12 rather than blocks of 10; something I've never seen before. Guess who only found out after the border was done and when working on the 3rd of the inside designs? Argh!

Laura said...

You stitched an adorable ornament. And the fob for your sister is lovely also. I will look forward to seeing your 2009 ornaments.

Angela said...

Love the ornie and the fob.

Sally said...

I love your L*K finish ! So cute! The fob for your sister is cute too!

Petra said...

What a beautiful Ornament finish and great Fob finish.