I spent Sunday afternoon carefully counting, then carefully frogging, then carefully re-counting and then carefully re-stitching, and now Spanish Wine is back on track - hurrah! In all honesty, it didn't take too much time to 'repair' my mistake, and now it's all looking lovely, if I do say so myself (although I'm still working on the inner border, so there still isn't much to see!). The inner border is all eyelets, so am carefully putting these in (no sense in making the same mistake twice!).
And, even better, I spent Sunday morning in FINISHING Silver Needle! I carefully threaded the last few beads on, so here it is in its finished (albeit unframed) glory:
This is wonderful news as I have a short attention span, and it means that I can start a new project, something I love to do, almost more than finishing :) That will be on Tuesday, so I can't wait to sift through my stash and figure out what I'm going to do next.
I also spent some time this weekend on two other WIPs - Love is Patient, in which my inability to count also came to the fore, and has necessitated me not quite following the chart for the lower right hand corner, but which hopefully you wouldn't know the difference unless you were comparing stitch-by-stitch to the chart (and this is what I couldn't be bothered to do, and thus why I didn't frog it and correctly re-stitch wherever it was I went off-plan. Hopefully I will not live to regret this carefree decision!). But I have now finished both the outer border and the inner heart border for this project, as well as charting our (mine and H's) initials in the bottom left corner, so it does feel as if I've come a long way in a short time on this one. In case you are wondering, I have stitched 2006 (rather than 2007) because that is the year that H and I got married, and the verse which will eventually appear in the heart is adapted from the first letter of St Paul to the Corinthians, which was one of the readings that we had at our wedding.
And, finally, my entire Saturday, when not watching Jack Bauer wrestle with the forces of evil on 24 (we watched the last half of series 5 most of the weekend), was devoted to Paradigm Lost. Keeping in mind my attention span, I am so far pleased to say I actually look forward to picking this up every week, long may it continue (and, according to Carol who has recently finished PL herself - and beautifully I might add - it will indeed continue for a long, long time...).
Oh - and one final thing. The tin that I am using for the Shepherd's Bush tin top that is currently my Wednesday project is a small tin of sweets purchased at Lidl for a whopping 79p. They are round gold-coloured tins about 4.5 inches in diameter, so could be used for small round or square designs. Unfortunately we don't get Altoids over here, so finding suitable tins can be a struggle! The Lidl sweets tin tip was given to me by the lovely Leena - and while I am at it, I'm going to give a freebie plug (!) to Leena's shop, Violarium, which is WONDERFUL!
Hope you all had happy weekends and are having much better weather than we are! Happy stitching!