Thursday 19 July 2007

Small Update

Hurrah - finally the thread came through to finish my sister's little pincushion - so here it is (it's sitting on the fabric that I used for the back). I'm no expert sewer, so the finish detail is okay rather than excellent, and this was my first go at tassels. They are staying on at the very least, LOL!


I managed to put in a few stitches last night on the Shepherd's Bush tin top, but it is for some reason not straightforward to photograph, so this is my best effort.


I did do some stitching on Northern Lights on Monday, but I'm very dissatisfied with the Wisper (well, really I'm very dissatisfied with my ability to stitch with the Wisper, but I shall blame my materials) so I haven't taken a photo. I've decided to carry on for the moment as is, and I may decide to frog it all once I've finished the sampler (i.e. at some date very far in the future, thus absolving myself from making a decision about it now). I didn't get around to starting a new project on Tuesday; I'm humming and hawing a bit, and haven't quite settled on which one I'd like to do. Also, I went for a lovely long walk in the evening with H, and was too tired to make a decision on our return. We've actually had some decent weather this week for the first time all summer, although I see from the forecast that it's about to end quite abruptly just in time for the weekend!

Happy stitching all!

4 comments:

Carol said...

What a cute pincushion finish!! And I love seeing an older SB design come to life again!!! They are so overlooked these days, but are still, by far, my favorites! (back to my roots, I think - I really got into stitching in the early days of SB and Just Nan).

Anonymous said...

Beautiful finish!! Great start on the SB. Great colours.

Sue said...

Your piin cushion looks great, you did a wonderful on the finish. Love the SB tin top also ;)

Hazel said...

Great pincushion finish. xx